Easy dairy-free Coffee Flavored Cake recipe with brown sugar streusel topping for dessert, breakfast or enjoy it with a cup of coffee for an afternoon snack.
This post based on my review of the product. All of my opinions are true, and 100% are my own.
If you think that baking the coffee cake is a little bit complicated or more work to do in the kitchen to prepare it, I would say no, not at all. In fact, if you are following my blog, you will notice that I always provide the best, quick and easy to make recipes. The bonus is all recipes here made with dairy-free but customizable with any dairy product if you prefer.
Ok, here is how to make the Coffee Flavored Cake, I promise you this will be super easy.
- First, you have to prepare a cup of brewed coffee with no added sugar then leave it cool down to room temperature. When you make a cup of coffee in the morning, then prepare another one for the cake.
- Second, you have to prepare two different dough, but not too worry, these dough are simple enough to make. You make the wet batter and the streusel for topping.
- Third, use your favorite sheet pan to bake it. With only one baking time, you will have lots of cake for everyone to enjoy. I would mean everyone in your family and friends or neighbors if you told them that you make a delicious coffee cake.
I was planning to make a flavored coffee cake while searching for more of new brands of coffee that we had never try before. Hubby loves to drink coffee, and I like to bake a cake. So it is a win-win for us.
Recently, I got the coffee from SagebrushFarm NV.
I am telling you, based on my coffee lover aka the hubby says, the coffee from SagebrushFarm NV is excellent. The coffee is full of flavor, no bitterness, great aroma, a delightful cup of coffee. It is worth every penny to ship it from North Nevada and cross the border all the way here. As soon as I open the wrapped shipping package, I can smell the delicious coffee as it’s like fresh roasted. And guess what, hubby just went straight to his favorite coffee grinder and made himself a cup of coffee. He loves it so much, as I know he is picky about the perfect coffee and the one from Sagebrush Farm NV was above his expectation.
Ok, back to the Coffee Flavored Cake. Here is the recipe, it seems like a lot of ingredients, but it isn’t. You use the same ingredients for the different purpose.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups dairy-free butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brewed coffee no sugar added
- 1/2 cup dairy-free plain yogurt
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted dairy-free butter
- 2 tsp fine ground coffee
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350° F, prepare the sheet pan, line it with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, and use an electric mixer, beat the dairy-free butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, beat it again until fluffy.
Add cinnamon powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, brewed coffee and dairy-free yogurt, mix it well.
Add flour, mix it until well blended.
In a mixing bowl, put all ingredient for the topping, mix it until it crumbled but it holds together when you press the dough between your finger.
Pour the batter on the sheet pan. Spread it with the spatula.
Top it up with the streusel topping. Lightly press the streusel to the dough with a spoon.
Bake it for 25 minutes or until the toothpick, comes out clean.
Leave it cool off on the pan before you slice it into bars.
- I use dairy-free Silk plain yogurt.
- I use vegan dairy-free butter, Earth Balance or Vegan Becel are dairy-free.
- If you don't have any dairy restriction, feel free to use any butter and yogurt you like.
The coffee cake has a perfect balance of sweet and coffee taste. The coffee is not overpowering but you still can taste the goodness of it. If you don’t like the overly sweet cake, so this is for you. The sheet pan method is the fastest one to prepared if you are in a hurry to make a sweet for gathering party or afternoon snack. If you would like to bake it into a loaf, cook it for 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
More sheet pan baked good? Try these recipes too!
Here is the delicious Mocha Cake from Sagebrush Farm NV that also use her Wood-Fire Roasted Coffee. Seriously, coffee and chocolate are meant to be together. If you like mocha, you will love this Mocha Cake. The cake has dairy on it, but it can be customized into dairy-free option easily.
If you are like me who is a big fan of quick and easy cooking but delicious to prepare for the family while having a busy weekdays routines, type sheet pan on the search bar of this blog, you will find all tasty dishes with quick cooking time.
Pin it to save it for later!