Making the salad that has the crunchy texture with nutty flavor but has to be dairy and nuts free is quite challenging for us who avoiding dairy product and nuts. But if you don’t mind the taste of arugula and sunflower seed, it fit into this type of salad.
I love spicy food, so I add Thai chili on the dressing. But it is totally optional if you don’t eat chili pepper then just omit it. This salad is good to serve as side dish with seafood or chicken, or just enjoy the salad topped with soft boiled egg, tender chicken, boiled shrimp or any salad topping you like.
Arugula with sunflower ginger dressing
- 3 cup arugula
- 2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 cup thin slices white cabbage
Sunflower ginger dressing
- 3 tsp sunflower butter
- 1 tsp salt ( I use Himalayan salt)
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp canola oil ( feel free to use any oil you like)
- 1 and a half tsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 Thai chili (optional)
- In a medium bowl, put the arugula, cucumber, bell pepper, cabbage, and shallot.
- In a blender, mix all ingredient for the salad dressing, if it too thick, just add water a teaspoon at a time.
- Pour the dressing over salad and serve.
The cabbage is adding the crunchy texture, use purple cabbage, red and orange bell pepper instead, for more colorful salad.
If you have a chance to make this salad, rate it, write the comment, post the picture and tag #craftyforhome on Instagram and don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest, I would like to know if you like the crunchy texture and the nutty flavor of this salad.