I have decided that I need to make a change for blogging. It has been really good for me to write a blog, sharing our recipes, simple crafts, the story of our gardening and traveling with family here. I got to know everyone’s blog. I love reading all of your blogs, you all have awesome stories and delicious recipes that I am insisting I have to try all of them. But then, I need to do something more. I know there are so many things to do for blogging, and I would like to learn all of them.
I greatly appreciate all of you who subscribe this Crafty For Home blog thru the email and the Reader. I always excited when I check my email to see everyone’s new post, I can spend the whole day to check everyone’s blog one by one.
I am going to move my blog Crafty For Home to self-hosted starting next week. It will take a while until the blog ready to relaunch again. In order to do that, I have to transfer my blog include the contents and subscribers. So, that being said, I will bring all subscribers of this blog, from Reader and email subscriber too. You don’t have to do anything. But if you would like to subscribe by email (not from Reader), that would be great. The link for the email is on the sidebar of this blog.
All right, here I share the recipe for Avocado Skillet Brownies. Because, it is almost weekend, and I always need chocolate for the weekend, talk about spoiling my self, I guess. But who doesn’t like chocolate, this mama always need one to face the daily dilemma “what’s for dinner ?”
I bake the brownies on cast iron skillet, mostly because it looks fun, everyone in my house always shouts “look at that giant cookies”. So, you can bake this brownie in a square baking pan or sheet pan.
I use avocado to replace the butter, so it will less oily, but adding fiber to it. If you would like to use butter, feel free to use 1/2 cup of butter for this recipe.
Avocado Skillet Brownies
- 2 avocado
- 2 egg
- 150 grams semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tbsp dairy-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a blender, put avocado and egg, process until smooth.
- In a heatproof bowl, put the 150 grams of semi-sweet chocolate with dairy-free milk, heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds until the chocolate melt.
- In a mixing bowl, put all ingredients except the chocolate chip. Use spoon or spatula to mix it all.
- Put parchment paper on cast iron skillet, pour the dough, use the spoon or spatula to spread the dough.
- Sprinkle the mini semi-sweet chocolate chip on top of the dough.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean.
Serve the brownies on its own or with your favorite ice cream or whipping cream. The taste is just like any other brownies. You won’t taste the avocado on it.
And again if you would like to subscribe by email, please submit your email, the link to do that is on the side bar. But if you wish to remain as Reader subscriber, that is great too, you still can get a notification on your email when I publish a new post on this blog. Thank you for following this blog, looking forward to hear from you and all your awesome blog.