The seventh day of the holiday cookie baking week. I bake Rolled Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. The recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen. We often find cinnamon throughout the holiday season, from gift wrap decor, centerpiece, holiday drink like eggnog, candle scent and of course on holiday cooking. So, because of this reason, Rolled Cinnamon Sugar Cookies would be perfect to include on the holiday cookie tray.
What I like about this Rolled Cinnamon Sugar Cookies:
- The house smells wonderful during and after baking.
- Very easy to make without special tool needed.
- Only use the basic ingredient that always available in the pantry.
The dough requires the chilling period for two hours, so that allows you to do something else around the house, maybe finishing up the gift wrapping, or start to decorate the tree if you did not start it yet. There is always lots of things to do around the house especially when the holiday season is coming.
Rolled Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Genius Kitchen
Serving: 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
For rolling :
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- In a mixing bowl, with the electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mix it.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon powder, salt, vanilla extract, mix it well.
- Add flour, mix it until all well blended.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, refrigerate the dough for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the baking sheet, layer it with parchment paper.
- Prepare the sugar and cinnamon powder in the bowl.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, roll the dough into a 1-inch ball, then roll it on the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies gets slightly brown color.
- Leave it cool for five minutes on the baking sheet, then move the cookies on the wire rack to cool.
I use dairy-free butter with soft consistency, feel free to use any butter you like, but make sure to soften the butter first not melted by leaving it on the kitchen countertop until it soft.
I can smell cinnamon throughout the house during baking up to a few hours after. I guess I don’t need scent candle in the house if I bake this Rolled Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. It would be perfect to enjoy the cookie with hot chocolate.
Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen