The third day of holidays cookie baking week. I baked Double Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies, it is similar to this recipe, I just modified the ingredients a little bit. Since this Double Chocolate Chip Cookies is our favorite cookie here, and it always went fast, so I know this cookie will be on the list for holiday cookie tray.
I use two different size chocolate chip for this recipe, the regular size, and the mini chocolate chip. I minced the regular size chocolate chip. The reason I use the Mini Chocolate Chip is to get more chocolate in every bite.
Here is why I like Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Everyone in our family loves this cookie.
- It always went fast.
- The most requested cookie.
- There is more chocolate in every bite.
- Easy to make with the basic ingredients.
Double Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving : 32 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular size semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 1 and 1/2 cup mini size semi-sweet chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Minced the regular chocolate chip.
- In a mixing bowl, and use electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, beat it until smooth
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, minced chocolate chip, mix it until well blended.
- Add flour, mix it.
- Add the mini chocolate chip.
- Put the parchment paper on the baking sheet, drop the cookie dough a spoon at a time with one-inch space in between.
- Bake it for 10 – 12 minutes, please do not over bake it.
- Leave it cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move the cookie to wire rack, leave it cool before you put the cookie into the jar.
I use the dairy free butter that has the soft consistency. I also use the dairy-free chocolate chip for both the regular size and the minis. If you don’t have a dairy allergy, feel free to use milk chocolate chip or mix it all together. The white chocolate chip is a good option too if you are fine with dairy.