These meatballs are easy dairy-free and gluten-free meal idea for a busy weekend or meal prep with a little surprise inside also a fun meal for Easter dinner or anytime.
Who else has a busy Easter weekend? Here, we always bring the kids to grandma’s house to color the Easter egg. They sure all have fun to paint and decorate the egg instead of on a paper like they use to.
On a busy weekend like this, we usually are too busy to make a meal. But there is some easy meal to prepare, even make-ahead meal, or maybe order from your favorite restaurant. How about use that slow cooker, or sheet pan cooking, instant pot or even pasta dinner. I love cooking but on a busy day like this, I like to prepare the easy and quick meal.
This post may contain affiliate link. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
One of the easy meal is this Quail Egg Stuffed Meatballs. There is lots of reason why this one is easy and fit for this coming Easter weekend.
Related: Turkey Meatball Soup
Reason To Make Stuffed Meatballs
- Dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Can make ahead the day before.
- Suitable to cook on any sauce you like.
- Can be freeze for the meal prep.
- Can feed lots of people with a minimum budget.
- Perfect for an appetizer or get together party food.
- Fun for kids when they find a little egg surprise inside.
How To Make Quail Egg Stuffed Meatballs
When you shopping for eggs, make sure get the quail egg too for this recipe. Here is a quick craft, quail egg on the pasta nest, I think it is very cute, isn’t it? I also use my favorite stand mixer, but food processor will work just fine to mix the ingredients.
- 28 pcs quail eggs
- 2 lb (1 kg) extra lean ground beef
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
In a saucepan, hard boil the quail eggs, peel the shell off, set the eggs aside.
Preheat the oven to 400° F, put the parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Use the stand mixer, put the ground beef, chicken egg, salt, black pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder, tapioca flour, in the mixing bowl.
Use the paddle attachment to mix all ingredients.
Take a tbsp of the seasoned ground beef, use finger or spoon to make it flat, put the quail egg on top of it, then wrap the egg in the seasoned ground beef.
Put the meatball on the baking sheet, repeat the process until all quail eggs and seasoned ground beef used up.
Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
From now, you can simmer the meatballs with your favorite pasta sauce or freeze it for later use.
If you simmer the meatballs on pasta sauce, please add 30 minutes to the cooking time.
Do you make this Quail Egg Stuffed Meatballs? Write a comment, rate it and take a picture of your delicious meal, hashtag #craftyforhome or you can tag @craftyforhome on Instagram and don't forget to pin it on Pinterest.
Here I simmer the meatballs with our favorite pasta sauce for 30 minutes. Then serve it with the whole wheat fettuccini. For a completely gluten-free, you can serve this with gluten-free pasta or rice.
Fun Way To Eat Pasta With Training Chopstick
If you have kids in the family that like my kids who like to eat pasta with a chopstick but they still don’t get a correct grip how to hold the chopstick, there are some nice and perfect training chopstick for kids. It has three loops for the finger to get the correct grip.
- It is fun for kids who want to use the chopstick. Especially if they like this lego chopstick.
- Promote the fine motor skill for kids because this requires learning how to hold the chopstick properly.
- Encourage kids to eat by themselves because they will think it is fun using this colorful and cute chopstick.
- Kids will have fun to use the training chopstick to eat everything that they usually don’t want to eat.
- While mostly for right hand, but there is also for left hand.
I encourage you to save the eggshell, it is a perfect material for compost or sprinkles in the garden to add more nutrient to the plants.
Leave a Reply