I have two dozen of mangos in my pantry, yes I am a mango hoarder and also an avocado hoarder, which is I don’t mind, I can have so many mangoes and avocados but few apples. There are endless recipes by using mango and avocado, here I make a chopped salad with mango dressing for lunch also for dinner. Serve the salad with baked salmon, there you have a simple and delicious dinner.
Chopped salad with mango dressing
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape tomato
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Thai chili (optional)
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- In medium bowl or serving bowl, put all chopped vegetables and fruits
- In a food processor or blender, put all ingredient for mango dressing, process until smooth.
- Pour over salad, add more salt and pepper if you desired, serve.
- If you don’t have nut allergy, you can add peanut, almond or nuts of your choice for topping.
- Sunflower seed, hemp or ground flax seed is a good choice for topping if you have a nuts allergy.