Use brown paper for a simple DIY gift wrapping ideas and decorate it with ribbon, lace, and decorative cord for Christmas and any occasions.
Gift Wrapping Ideas Using Brown Paper
The best part before the holiday is gift wrapping and baking cookies, well that is for me. A unique gift wrapping will make it more special for a gift itself. It doesn’t have to be colorful and costly for wrapping the gift. A simple old fashion wrapping with a unique touch will make it more beautiful and classy.
I made this famous 10 Red Accent Gift Wrapping Ideas last year. It was so much fun to create these, and I only used some inexpensive materials from my crafting stash around the house and some dollar store finds. It will be the same thing with this brown paper for gift wrapping. It is elegant yet straightforward by adding accessories on it. These are base on pleated gift wrapping method.
Supply you need:
- Brown paper or kraft paper
- Lace ribbon
- Any satin or grosgrain ribbon (I use the lime green ribbon)
- Transparent tape
- Decorative cord
Pleated Brown Paper For Gift Wrapping Tutorial
Cut the brown paper slightly larger than the gift box. Create a pleated pattern anywhere around the middle of the paper, and you can secure it with tape on edge to make the pleated stay. Wrap the gift box, just like the regular gift wrapping. Add ribbon for extra decoration.
Cut the brown paper longer than the length of the box. Wrap the gift and don’t cut the excess paper on one side. Fold the excess paper just like the pleated one. Secure the middle of the fan with the tape on the back side. Add decorative cord in the middle.
Lace it up
Do the same thing as the pleated one, but this time make a larger pattern. Cut the lace ribbon as wide as the brown paper. Add the cut up lace ribbon in between the pleated, secure the end of the ribbon with tape. Wrap the gift as usual.
The same process like the fan one, but this time you leave it open and press the middle of the fan then tape it. Wrap a ribbon or decorative cord in the middle and make a bow.
How to decorate gift wrap
- Use ribbon for the most popular one, any satin or grosgrain always looks beautiful.
- Use greenery like a pine cone, conifer green, dried flowers, dried leaves, or cut up twigs.
- Use fabric flowers, and it is recyclable. Here are 4 easy way how to make fabric flowers.
- Stamp it! Use star shapes or snowflake for Christmas theme, heart shape for Valentine, egg shapes for Easter.
- Draw on it! Use the sharpie marker to draw your favorite images on the gift wrap.
- Write on it! You can use the sharpie marker to write your favorite quotes or the name of the gift recipient.
- Use the yarn for making pompom or tassel for a unique decoration.
- Cut up some beautiful looking printing of another gift wrapping paper. Trace some picture and glue it on top of the gift box.
- Any crafting supply like sequin, beads, rhinestone, or even sticker for a fun decoration.
These are easy and simple gift wrapping ideas. You can change the wrapping paper color if you make a gift for any other occasions like pink for Valentine, or pastel color for Easter, or fun printing for a birthday.
DIY Gift Wrapping Ideas Using Brown Paper
Do you have any other beautiful gift wrapping ideas? Leave a comment here. I also would like to see your creation and admire it, so please tag #craftyforhome on Instagram.