This easy craft tutorial makes candy corn shaped treat bags from felt fabric for a simple Halloween sewing project you can do in one afternoon.
Use This Guide To Make DIY Halloween Treat Bag
Which one you prefer between trick and treat? Mine, of course, the treat. I am usually being sneaky and stash a few bags of my favorite chocolate candy bars before Halloween even started. Also, it is a perfect thing to have at this time around to enjoy some chocolate bars and start making fall season crafts like this simple flower fall wreath.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the Disclosure Policy for details.
Of course, I love to do the trick or treating with my kids around the block. Sometimes we have a little bit of snow or rain.
But it never bothers us to spend a few hours in the evening wearing fun costumes. Also, I have to make sure the kids wear something warm with their Halloween costumes.
Anyway, can you believe I made these adorable candy corn treat bag in just under 30 minutes? It is super easy, and you probably want to make a bunch of it because it is just so cute.
To sew this trick or treat bag, you only need three sheets of yellow, white, and orange felt. You can use ribbon or baker twine to tie it. I found the materials in Dollar Tree for just $2.5 total. From three sheets of felt, you will get six pieces of treat bags.
Things like thread and tools you need are just basic stuff. You can also hand-stitch the treat bag because it is so easy to work with felt material.
Use the matching thread if you prefer. But also the contrast color of the thread will make the bag look prettier.
What You Need To Make Candy Corn Felt Treat Bag
Any dollar store or craft store carry felt material. If you don’t have one in your area, Amazon also has a selection of felt fabric sheet in various sizes and a similar size to the one I use here .
- 1 sheet of white felt size 22 cm x 29.5 cm or 8.5 inches x 11.5 inches
- 1 sheet of orange felt size 22 cm x 29.5 cm or 8.5 inches x 11.5 inches
- 1 sheet of yellow felt size 22 cm x 29.5 cm or 8.5 inches x 11.5 inches
- Seam ripper
- Disappeared ink fabric marker
- Sewing machine/hand stitch needle
How To Make Candy Corn Felt Treat Bag
By using a ruler and disappeared ink marker, measure each felt into two different rectangles. For easy measuring tips, fold the felt then draw a line on each fold.
- Divide the yellow felt into 6 rectangles. Each rectangle size 11.5 cm x 10 cm or 4.5 inches x 3.9 inches
- Divide the orange felt into 12 rectangles. Each rectangle size 11.5 cm x 5 cm or 4.5 inches x 1.9 inches
- Divide the white felt into 12 rectangles. Each rectangle size 11.5 cm x 5 cm or 4.5 inches x 1.9 inches
- Cut the ribbon into 30 cm or 12 inches long and seal the cut by using lighter to prevent fraying
- Arrange the felt, white-orange-yellow-orange-white, pin it by overlapping between one edge of each felt
- Sew the felt, and now you will have one long rectangle
- Fold in half that the yellow felt will be the bottom of the bag
- Sew the edge and turn it inside out
- Mark four vertical lines on the front and four lines on the back of white felt
- Make holes on each vertical line by using the seam ripper
- Insert the ribbon by weaving it between each hole
- Done, now put the treat in the bag then pull the ribbon and make a little bow
The Size Of The Candy Corn Treat Bag
Whether you are using the same felt size or smaller ones from the store, you will still have to cut each felt material into these little rectangles. From this size I use, I got six-piece of mini candy treat bags.
This candy corn treat bag final size is approximately 10 cm x 13 cm or 4 inches x 5 inches. The bag has enough room for three to six candy bars or mini toys.Make this super easy treat bags for your fall season craft project! Click To Tweet
The bag also definitely fit for lots of smaller size hard candy, or those non-candy treats that you see in any dollar store. It also gives a surprise to anyone who receives this, because they don’t know what goodies they got inside the bag.
Felt Crafts For Kids
Because this craft is so easy to make just like this fleece freezie cozy, even if you don’t use a sewing machine. This candy corn felt bag is a perfect sewing craft for kids too, of course with adult supervision.
It is a fun Halloween craft that also useful. You can use the bag for another purpose like birthday party favor holder, or change the color into Easter treat bag. Kids also can reuse the bag for collecting mini rocks or keeping their favorite marbles.
Easy DIY Candy Corn Shaped Treat Bag
You may also like
How To Sew Pocket Tissue Holder
Make this 10 minutes pocket tissue holder from fat quarter cotton fabric perfect for traveling, back to school craft or DIY gift ideas.
Easy Felt Envelope
This DIY felt envelope tutorials is a fun craft project you can do with kids and teens, perfect for a handmade gift card holder or sweet treats for family and friends.
Easy Fabric Flower Fall Wreath
Easy DIY fabric flower fall wreath tutorial for the front door or wall using dollar store’s supplies, handmade fabric flower, and basic stitching.
My goodness, I want to make this now. I know so many people hate candy corn but I love it. 😀 This is a fun little craft.
Crafty For Home
Thank you, it is a super easy craft. You should make this soon, maybe for a weekend project would be perfect!
These are so cute! They would be perfect for giving to a child’s classroom for a Halloween party.
Crafty For Home
Thank you, kids love personalized treat bags!