Who doesn’t love mango and avocado? Full of vitamins, heavy on nutrients, easy to prepare, perfect for a snack or main dish. One of my favorite way to serve it beside morning smoothies makes it for salsa. If time is limited, this salsa can be prepared in a couple hours and keep it in the fridge before serve. Best use fresh mango, not the frozen one. I use parsley for lemon and cilantro for lime, it is a perfect pair. The salsa is excellent to serve with seafood, chicken, grilled steak, dipping for tortilla chip, taco or just eat the salsa on its own like salad.
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion or 3 shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 mini cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno or your choice of hot pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix all ingredient in a medium bowl, you can omit jalapeno if you don’t like it spicy. Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Let it sit for a half an hour to incorporate all the flavour or serve it right away. Either way it still taste fresh and yummy.