I am giving a go to do sheet pan cooking at least once a week. It has been a timesaver cooking for a busy weekday. I am a kind of soccer mom, always on the go for kids after school activity. Besides doing the meal prep, sheet pan cooking is really helping me to make dinner quick but tasty.
Like always to make cleaning easier, I like to use nonstick aluminum foil or parchment paper to layer it on top of the sheet pan. I only include two tilapia in the recipe, but it is very easy to double up the recipe.
Sheet Pan Breaded Tilapia Veggies
- 2 Tilapia fillet
- 1 pound brussel sprout
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium-size red onion
- 2 medium size sweet potato
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Sprinkle salt on tilapia, set aside for 15 minutes
- Slice the brussel sprout, bell pepper and onion.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut it cube
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumb with garlic powder, coat the tilapia with the breadcrumb
- Arrange all the veggies on the sheet pan, sprinkle salt, freshly crack black pepper and drizzle it with oil.
- Put the breaded tilapia on the sheet pan.
- Bake it for 15 minutes, flip it then bake it for more 15 minutes, until all veggies and the fish cook. Serve.
With sheet pan cooking, I feel like serving food similar like barbeque, because the veggies get some nice charred from roasting but way better taste than stir frying the veggies.
You can make this sheet pan cooking for meal prep on Sunday for weekday lunch, or just prepare all the veggies, cut it up, put in the ziplock bag or container, keep it in the fridge for weekday cooking, or even for simple Sunday dinner.